The Parish of St John's, Woking - Associate Minister
St John’s is a large, conservative evangelical Anglican church, located in the village which took its name from the church, on the outskirts of Woking. We are working hard to reinforce and develop new links into the local community, enabling us to minister to our parish and proclaim the gospel of Christ.
The supportive, caring church family represents a broad demographic across all ages and includes a growing number of young families. Our current Associate Minister has just been appointed as incumbent elsewhere. We are taking this opportunity both to refine the Associate Minister’s role and enhance the living and working facilities we offer.
We are looking for someone with an obvious preaching and teaching ministry; an energetic person with the ability to line manage both our Youth Minister and Family and Children’s Worker, helping them to develop their ministries, develop, train and equip leaders, and identify new opportunities.
This is a very exciting, senior ministry role recognised by our congregations, both at our parish church and our daughter church, Emmanuel, in nearby Mayford.
We would love to meet you if you are an ordained Anglican with relevant parish experience who can demonstrate:
- clear leadership, strategic and training gifts
- a heart to reach the lost for Christ
- a gift and passion to teach the Bible
- growing godliness.
We can offer you:
- a senior role within a supportive ministry team
- significant incumbent-level experience within a dynamic and exciting church
- a family home within the parish.
- excellent schools and amenities
- the chance to be part of a loving and supportive church family.
Is it you that we are all praying for? Closing date for applications: February 28th Interview March 10th
For a chat, call the Vicar, Glyn Lucas on 01483 377337. See the application form for how to apply.