When you turn on the news it is easy to get discouraged with all of the hard things that are happening in the world, especially with the COVID19 pandemic, but God is still good and He is still at work. Take a look at this video to see how a simple shoebox gift, packed with love, is changing the lives of so many children and their familes:
What are we asking of you?
- If you are able, collect a pre-printed shoe box from church or wrap one that you have at home in christmas paper.
- Decide whether you want to pack for a boy or a girl and which age range.
- Fill it with gifts. Items should be new and you will find ideas of what to pack below along with information on how to pack your box.
- Add a suggested donation of £5 - this will cover shipping costs and training and equipping local churches to deliver the Greatest Journey programme.
- Pray for the child that will be receiving your box.
- Return your box to church by 16th November. Boxes will be collected to go to the local distribution centre the following week.
We appreciate that not everyone is able to commit to packing a whole box so we would also welcome any donations of individual items or financial gifts. We will then shop and pack additional boxes using these donations. There is a basket in the Welcome Area for donations. The documents below give plenty of ideas of the sorts of items that are needed.
Also making a return this year is the Amazon wishlist where you can purchase items which will be delivered directly to Tammy Hughes, who is coordinating our collection.
See here for more information on the work of Samaritan's Purse and Operation Christmas Child